Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Is Your Heart Fixed Yet?


I grew up in the southern part of the United States, where the word fix has several uses:
  • It can mean fixing something that is broken, repairing.
  • It can mean decorating, as in fixing up your living room.
  • It can mean a drug dose, as in an addict getting a fix.
  • It can mean preparing, as in fixing dinner.
  • It can mean combing your hair or putting on make-up: fixing your hair, fixing your make-up.


When we read the word “fixed” in the Bible, it’s not any of these meanings. Rather, it’s a Hebrew word that means:
            established,
            stable,
            ready,
            prepared.

Let’s read some verses about a fixed heart:
  • My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise (Psalm 57:7).
  • O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory (Psalm 108:1).
  • He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD (Psalm 112:7).


How can we have a stable, established, ready, and prepared heart? These verses give us some clues:
            Praise God.
            Trust in the Lord.

Is your heart fixed yet?


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad my comment thing is working better now. (This tech-challenged person CAN learn a few things!)

      Great to hear from you.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.