Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Review: MESSAGES


I like something different when I read, and this was a sure departure for me. I am so glad I dared to try this book and its new-to-me author.

MESSAGES by John Michael Hileman begins with David Chance’s uncanny seeing and, sometimes, understanding words that pop out to him, forming short messages and directions. David knows he has to follow this guidance, even though he thinks he might be going crazy. He doesn’t understand where the messages are coming from or how they come, but he knows he must act. Almost always, when David acts on the message, he saves himself or others from harm. But, sometimes, he doesn’t get a message when he’s the most desperate.

The plot of MESSAGES includes many exciting twists. It includes terrorists, their plans to kill the president and others, and the terrorists’ connection to David. Throughout the book, David learns to trust the messages, his neighbor James, and ultimately, the Lord Himself.

The Christian theme is strong and well presented. I liked the emphasis on the Word of God, especially along with the theme of messages.

This book is fast-paced but not confusing. The writing is good. I really enjoyed MESSAGES! Of course, the whole concept is fiction, but it’s refreshingly different without being weird. I’d give it four and a half stars, and I look forward to reading more of Mr. Hileman’s books.


2 comments:

Please share your thoughts.