Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Loud Birds!

Like every morning this week, I've heard the birds loudly singing as I got up. Their singing lasts all day long, until night has completely settled in. I always know it's almost spring when the birds sing LOUD.

Yesterday, our first daffodil opened, and this week was the first time in many days that the temperature was over 50ยบ. Over the last two weeks, we've seen the sun shine most days. Some, like today, are domed with cloudless, blue skies. Just wonderful!

I'm reminded of Psalm 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."

"The winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come." (from Song of Solomon 2:11-12)

Spring and LOUD birds! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I have Song of Solomon 2:12 was my desktop wallpaper.

    I've been hearing an owl the past few mornings during my devotion time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to hear an owl! We have tawny owls here, but we rarely hear them. When we do, it's like they're having a choir practice, usually in the early evening. We've surprised one about three times in the 14 years we've lived here. They are beautiful, elegant birds with large, white faces.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.