Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My 2013 Purpose Statement



Praise ye the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
While I live will I praise the LORD:
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
(Psalm 146:1-2)

I wrote yesterday about Goal Making, so I thought I’d share with you my personal goal for this year. I want to have a life that exemplifies praise. I want my whole life to be a song of praise to God, an expression of joy in Him and praise to Him.

How will I work toward making this goal a reality?
  • I will meditate in the Lord, in who He is, in how great He is, in His works, His dealings with mankind.
  • I will enjoy nature and beauty.
  • I will delight in my personal relationship with Him.
  • I will strive to give Him more praise with my mouth. (For some reason, this isn’t easy for me. I will have to work on being more transparent with my praise.)
  • I will praise God through my writing, my song, and my living.
  • I will listen more to music that praises God.

These are practical steps to help me develop a life of praise.

Would you like to share your own goal for 2013? I’d love to hear from you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

(Yesterday, Barbara commented on my blog about New Year’s resolutions and left a link to one she had written in 2008 on the same subject. It's a blessing! You can find her blog here.)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link!

    I'm coming up with specific goals for the year, but every year it seems like mostly I need to "keep on keeping on." I was just thinking it's kind of like an old west rancher who had to ride along the outskirts of his property from time to time to check the fences, see if any repairs needed to be made, strengthen weak areas. etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the illustration about the rancher! Yep, we need to check the fences. Great analogy, and thank you for sharing your 2008 blog. A real blessing!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.