Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Do You Have Issues with Trusting God?


Do you have any issues with trusting God? Does it come hard to really, truly put your life in God’s hands? Is it a daily struggle? Do you succeed sometimes and find it difficult at other times?

I believe there are two very important reasons why we struggle:
  1. We may not have entrusted our lives to Jesus for salvation.
  2. We may want to keep control. Basically, we fear what might happen, if we completely trust God.
They’re legitimate. Let’s face it, if you don’t know the Lord, there’s no way you’ll trust Him. And, if you’re scared, you won’t trust.

Let’s take these one at a time and see what Scripture says. 
  1. Jesus loves us so much that He paid for our sins on the cross with His own blood. He said, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13). Jesus also said, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already (John 3:16-18a). How can you be saved? For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13). Have you believed? Have you called upon Him for salvation, trusting Him to wash your sins away? Have you asked Him?
  2. God really wants the best for us. Jesus said, I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10b). And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). He even knows what the best is. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him (Nehemiah 1:7).
I love these verses: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct (make straight) thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I know you’ll enjoy reading these Bible verses about trust. They’re only a selection of the many in the book of Psalms:
  • The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower (18:2).
  • As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him (18:30).
  • O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee (25:20).
  • In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness (31:1).
  • Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! (31:19)
  • How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings (36:7).
  • Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass (37:5).
  • And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him (37:40).
  • Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust (40:4a)

Just like the psalmists, we can trust God for His leadership and protection. We don’t need to fear. Since God is God, He sees everything—and without time limitations. He sees past and future and present. He knows our needs and promises to meet them. He is all-powerful, too.


When you need to know how to trust, turn to the Psalms and read a few chapters. They'll challenge you to trust more fully and with a better understanding of our great Lord.


2 comments:

Please share your thoughts.