It’s Election Day, and God is in charge--no matter what happens, no matter who wins.
It’s biblical; God’s in charge.
- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God (Romans 13:1).
- And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth (2 Kings 19:15).
- And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? (1 Chronicles 20:6)
- The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted (Psalm 46:6).
- He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again (Job 12:23).
- Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah (Psalm 9:20).
- For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations (Psalm 22:28).
In fact, God oversees the whole world. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth (Acts 17:24a). We can’t understand His overall plan, but we can be sure that it will be done in the world.
And, in the end, everything will turn out right.
- O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah (Psalm 67:4).
- All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name (Psalm 86:9).
- And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever (Revelation 11:15).
God is sovereign. He raises up and also judges the nations. One day, they will all answer to Him. No matter what happens today, remember the Lord is in charge of the affairs of this world.