Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Children of Rape

Photo courtesy of: marin, FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Many years ago, I sat in a church nursery rocking my baby girl. Next to me, another mother rocked her beautiful baby. The teenage mother looked lovingly into the face of her precious child.

This mother’s parents wanted my husband and me to understand about their daughter. They had taken every precaution to protect her, but the worst thing possible had happened. She was snatched, gang raped, and later she learned she was expecting a baby—this beautiful little one.

The only difference between my baby and hers was that I’d been married several years. My baby was conceived in love, while hers was the result of a horrible violation. But the babies . . . both had sweet little faces, precious little hands, toes, and fingers. Each needed quieted, and each needed rocking. There was no difference in our babies. None at all.

Since then, I’ve read several testimonies by women who had babies after being raped. I’ve also read some articles written by adults who were conceived in rape and were thankful their mothers gave them life.

Just recently, I read of a twelve-year-old who conceived a child after being violated, and she asked the doctor if she would forget the rape if she aborted her child. Her doctor truthfully told her “no.” She decided to have her lovely daughter and has no regrets.

While the circumstances of conception were the worst possible, a baby is still a baby. When born, the baby will not have had any traumatic experience. It will be an innocent, precious baby, just like every other baby.

I don’t understand why any government would permit abortion at any time or under any circumstances. I believe abortion is murder, no matter what. I also don’t understand why some governments distinguish between children of rape and children conceived in lust or marriage. Why would it ever be permissible to kill an unborn child? Whom are they trying to help? 

  • Will the mother do better without her child after experiencing another painful loss by abortion? I don’t think so.
  • The baby is its mother’s child even though the father is absent.
  • Is a child better off being dead (!!!!) than having a chance at life?
  • Wouldn’t the child be thankful to his mother for letting him be born? Isn’t life always better than death?

Consider these verses:

  • Exodus 20:13Thou shalt not kill.
  • Psalm 22:10I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly. God cares about babies even before they’re born.
  • Psalm 71:6By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. Again, God cares about babies in the womb and helps mothers give birth.
  • Psalm 127:3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Notice there are no qualifications about how the child was conceived. Every child is a gift.
  • Psalm 139:13-17—For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! God designed the body of every child individually from the moment of his conception.

Rape is a horrible violation. If the girl or woman learns she is expecting a baby as a result, one can only imagine it would be traumatic. But, as with my friend, I believe that God can help the mother to love her precious little child.

I believe in life and in the Giver of life.

Here are a few true stories for your consideration:


Any thoughts you’d like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.