Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 3, 2015

I Came to Worship

Photo: freebibleimages


Torrents of tears, flowing from my eyes.
I came to worship.
I brought sweet spices for His body
With Salome, Mary, and Joanna.
The stone is rolled back, and the door is open.
An angel tells us He is not here.

I don’t understand.
I only wanted to grieve Him,
To do one last thing for Him.
I look into the cave again.
Blurred through tears, I see two angels
Sitting at the foot and head where
Jesus was laid.
They ask me why I am weeping,
And I tell them.

I turn and see a man standing there.
He asks me why I cry.
He asks me whom I sought.
I told him if he had taken Jesus’ body to tell me
Where he put Him.

“Mary.”
“Rabboni.”
I’d know that voice anywhere!
It’s the Master!
That same Voice cast the demons from me
And saved me from my torture.

Master!
The angels’ words come together in one happy message:
Jesus lives!
I worship not a body in a grave, but my Savior, alive!
I now cry tears of joy!

He speaks again.
“Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father.
Go to my brethren and tell them I ascend 
Unto my Father, and your Father,
And to my God, and your God.”

I run.
I tell the disciples His message.
All the while in my heart, I listen to that beautiful Voice
Saying, “my Father and your Father, my God and your God.”

My Savior appeared first to me.

I am Mary Magdalene.


(Original poem based on Mark 16:1-10; Luke 24:1-10; John 20:1-18.)
  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I had tears in my eyes as I read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I am so thankful for what the Lord did for me. Happy Easter!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.