Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How God Promises to Answer Prayer


It seems that God is trying to help me understand that I need to pray more, especially for my own personal needs, and to pray knowing He will answer and do what He wills.

Here are some promises about God answering prayer:
  • Psalm 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
  • Psalm 86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
  • Psalm 91:15-16 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
  • Psalm 138:3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
  • Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
  • Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. 

We call.

God answers.

God doesn’t answer prayers that never get prayed. He answers when His children (and repentant sinners) pray.

God wants to answer, to deliver, to be with us in trouble. He wants to give us salvation and satisfaction. He wants to show us great and mighty things.

We need to ask.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened (Matthew 7:7-8).

It’s important to ask for my needs, my desires, for what I want God to do for me. I’m finally beginning to understand it’s not selfish. Just as a loving father wants to hear from his own child, so my loving Heavenly Father wants to hear from me. My requests aren’t burdensome. He joys in responding.

I find it much easier to pray for others, for their needs, for my list. I usually forget to pray for me. But, God wants to hear my needs. He wants to hear from me so that He can do the unusual, open doors, help me to find. I actually limit what He does in my life—not that you can really limit God, you understand—by not asking. James 4:2b says ye have not, because ye ask not.

I wonder how much we miss.

6 comments:

  1. A mi me suele pasar lo mismo me pongo a orar por los demás y me olvido de orar por mis cosas, pero como tu bien has dicho si que remos que Dios nos ayude en algo debemos orar por ello.
    Bendiciones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I pray too much for the needs of my family and me and forget there's a whole world out there needing prayer too. For the last two years I feel the Lord has been teaching me more and more about prayer. I am excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, Elizabeth. I think we're always in a process of learning more exciting things about the ministry of prayer. God bless!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it is hard to fathom that we can't "wear God out" with requests, like we would anyone else. It's such a joy that He wants to hear from us over everything, large and small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, His ears are just listening for us. Total joy! Thank you, Barbara. God bless you.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.