Do you ever get overwhelmed?
Do you have moments of anxiety?
Does your mind go into overdrive?
I was getting all my insides knotted up. Frustrations and questions overwhelmed my thoughts. I was anxious, upset, and my joy had packed up and gone on vacation. Thankfully, I noticed, and I turned to the best passage ever for people who get uptight. It’s Philippians 4:4-9:
4. Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
- Rejoice again.
- Be gentle, patient, and equitable.
- Remember God is near.
- Don’t be anxious.
- Instead, pray and tell God what you want.
- Don’t forget to thank God, too.
- God will give you the kind of peace that defies understanding. This peace will guard your heart and mind.
- Think on positive and beautiful things.
- Imitate the godly teachings evidenced in the Apostle Paul’s life.
- God will be with you.
I wonder how many times I’ve had to go to these verses, reminding myself that this is the way I need to live? Too many, I assure you!
What are your go-to verses for stressful times? Please feel free to share.